This position is open to candidates who are legally authorized to work in Canada (Greater Toronto and Metro Vancouver). While we’re ideally looking for candidates to join us in Toronto, we welcome all qualified applicants to apply.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving complex problems. NetCents Technology is a next-generation payment processor, supporting multiple traditional currencies, cryptocurrencies, and all innovative payment methods to give users the freedom to pay their way and to empower merchants with tools to lower their financial risk.
The Scrum Master will be a pro-active and pragmatic leader who is excited to find new ways of working and communication styles to engage with business, leadership, and teams. You will facilitate setting the priorities and workflows for the team and be the main communication point for all internal and external stakeholders relating to setting and addressing these priorities.
What you will be doing:
- Manage day-to-day aspects of Agile framework ceremonies including but not limited to Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Retrospective, and Daily Stand-Ups
- Actively manage delivery of value through Stories throughout the cadence of sprints and product increments. This includes team productivity, velocity, completion rate, and overall product quality.
- Coach team members and the wider organization in Agile frameworks/tools, help teams implement changes effectively, and guide the Software Development team to high levels of agile maturity
- Ensure deliverables are up to enterprise quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Challenge the team to improve on internal processes and inspire them to find new better ways of working
- Help align business goals with release plans to ensure timely delivery of features
We'll be reaching out to applicants who have:
- Certified in Agile frameworks and methodologies (scrum master, product owner, or agile leadership certifications)
- 3+ years experience as a Scrum Master
- Strong practical experience and understanding of Agile methodologies, Scrum, Kanban, XP, and Lean
- Demonstrable ability to self-manage, be proactive, take ownership, build relationships and drive solutions through from inception to production
- Experience generating Metrics and Reports
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Jira or other tools utilized in an agile development environment
- Knowledge of openness, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- High-growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career
- Competitive salary with stock options up for discussion as you progress in this role.
- Flexible remote working policy
- Comprehensive extended-benefits package for employees based in Canada.
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Training support and the opportunity for further career development in cutting edge technologies & practices
- The opportunity to revolutionize an industry. At NetCents, you have the chance to not only champion your role, but also be a part of a team that will shape the future of finance