Senior Full-Stack Developer
This position is open to candidates who are legally authorized to work in the Greater Toronto Area or Metro Vancouver. While we’re ideally looking for candidates to join us in Toronto, we welcome all qualified applicants to apply.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving complex problems. NetCents Technology is a next-generation payment processor, supporting multiple traditional currencies, cryptocurrencies, and all innovative payment methods to give users the freedom to pay their way and to empower merchants with tools to lower their financial risk.
Our Engineering team is growing and we are looking for strong Senior Full Stack Developer who have a passion for building reliable, highly scalable and robust systems. If you're someone who wants to not only build systems but also help us iterate on improving how we deliver every step of the way, while having fun, then read on!
What you will be doing:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software applications
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Participating in thoughtful code reviews to encourage better software development practices, while supporting your team's knowledge growth.
- Managing and coaching people in your team while defaulting to collaborating and pair-programming with teammates, in order to solve problems on hand.
- Assist in effectively diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with the product
- You will ensure that your team strikes a good balance between testing coverage and development speed, and will be advocating for test-driven development.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Help identify and solve application issues experienced internally and externally
- You will create and maintain software documentation
We'll be reaching out to applicants who have:
- Extensive experience (+5 years) with the full software development lifecycle; from ideation through to operating backend production services, with an understanding of how applications are deployed across environments
- 5+ years experience in developing server applications using Ruby and Rails, react, react-native and nodejs
- Extensive experience working with testing frameworks such as Cypress and Jest
- Experience working with authenticated, customer focused applications
- Passion for technology and readiness to adapt with the changing technology landscape
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Redis, RabbitMQ and Cron is preferred
- Experience with the financial sector and Hubspot is considered a bonus
- High-growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career
- Competitive salary with stock options up for discussion as you progress in this role.
- Flexible remote working policy
- Comprehensive extended-benefits package for employees based in Canada.
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Training support and the opportunity for further career development in cutting edge technologies & practices
- The opportunity to revolutionize an industry. At NetCents, you have the chance to not only champion your role, but also be a part of a team that will shape the future of finance