This position is open to candidates who are legally authorized to work in BC or ON. While we’re ideally looking for candidates to join us in Toronto, we welcome all qualified applicants to apply.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving complex problems. NetCents Technology is a next-generation payment processor, supporting multiple traditional currencies, cryptocurrencies, and all innovative payment methods to give users the freedom to pay their way and to empower merchants with tools to lower their financial risk.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for a Senior Front-End Software Developer to complement our current team. Qualified candidates must be detail oriented, flexible, have strong multi-tasking, organizational and problem-solving skills, work well in a team atmosphere, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to revolutionize the payment space.
Who You Are:
- You’re organized and driven to get things done
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with consistently shifting tasks and priorities.
- Love bringing order, but thrive in an ever changing environment
- You love collaborating with other smart people to find great solutions. Not in your job description? Who cares! You’re a team player that focuses on whatever will get the job done, and are willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in on whatever needs doing and help wherever you can add the most value
- You’re passionate about doing great work, with an unwavering attention to detail
- You know how to manage your work time (and the dependencies of those around you) effectively
- You’re always learning, always growing, always keen to find and share and try the next thing in all things marketing and communications
- Flexible remote working policy. Not in Vancouver? Not necessarily a dealbreaker for the right candidate
What you will be doing:
- Apply best development practices to write well designed, maintainable, testable, scalable, and secure code.
- Write clean and scalable software code and functionalities, create and write advance test plans, analyze and troubleshoot problems
- Maintain code quality by using or implementing development best practices
- Work closely with the team to determine the best balance between components that do too much and re-usability
- Ensure that proper coding methodology and standards are employed throughout the codebase
- Clear understanding of the full pipeline from development to deployment
- Think holistically about a problem and how to approach it
- Mentoring junior software developers
We'll be reaching out to applicants who have:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software developer
- Strong understanding and experience with Fastlane and Flow
- Experience with modern web development standards HTML5, CSS3, and ES6
- Ability to solve application problems quickly and completely
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support product releases
- Agile development and Unit testing
- Writing clean, modern, testable code
- Cryptocurrency and Blockchain experience
- Experience with financial institutions or banking
- Experience on one or more of: Chip Card, EMV, VISA, MasterCard, Interac
- Experience with ATM’s, POS, mobile banking
- High-growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career
- Competitive salary with stock options up for discussion as you progress in this role.
- Flexible remote working policy
- Comprehensive extended-benefits package for employees based in Canada.
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Training support and the opportunity for further career development in cutting edge technologies & practices
- The opportunity to revolutionize an industry. At NetCents, you have the chance to not only champion your role, but also be a part of a team that will shape the future of finance