This position is open to candidates who are legally authorized to work in BC or ON. While we’re ideally looking for candidates to join us in Toronto, we welcome all qualified applicants to apply.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving complex problems. NetCents Technology is a next-generation payment processor, supporting multiple traditional currencies, cryptocurrencies, and all innovative payment methods to give users the freedom to pay their way and to empower merchants with tools to lower their financial risk.
We are currently looking for a Back-End Developer to complement our current team in our Vancouver office. Qualified candidates must be detail-oriented, flexible, have strong multi-tasking, organizational and problem-solving skills, work well in a team atmosphere, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Who You Are:
- Organized and driven to get things done in a timely manner
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with consistently shifting tasks and priorities
- Love bringing order, but thrive in an ever changing environment
- You love collaborating with other smart people to find great solutions. Not in your job description? Who cares! You’re a team player that focuses on whatever will get the job done, and are willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in on whatever needs doing and help wherever you can add the most value
- Passionate about doing great work, with an unwavering attention to detail
- You know how to manage your work time and the dependencies of those around you effectively
- You are always learning, always growing, always keen to find and share and try the next thing in all things marketing and communications.
What you will be doing:
- Development, deployment, and maintenance of back-end services
- Conduct the review of software codes and functionalities, create advance test plans, and analyze and troubleshoot problems
- Maintain code quality by using or implementing development best practices
- Work closely with the team to determine the best balance between components that do too much and re-usability
- Measure application performance and continually improve the platform
- Ensure that proper coding methodology and standards are employed throughout the codebase
- Clear understanding of the full pipeline from development to deployment
- Think holistically about a problem and how to approach it
- Writing clean, modern, testable code
- Mentoring junior software developers
We'll be reaching out to applicants who have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer
- Building API’s using languages such as Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Express
- Comprehensive understanding of and experience with RESTful API, MariaDB, MySQL
- Ability to solve application problems quickly and completely
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support product releases
- Strong developing skill on SQL database
- Full understandin and experience of Agile development
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, and optimization techniques
- Unit and integration testing
- Cryptocurrency and Blockchain experience
- Experience with financial institutions, FinTech or banking
- Experience on one or more of: Chip Card, EMV, VISA, MasterCard, Interac
- Experience with ATM’s, POS, mobile banking
- Experience with CI/CD, RabbitMQ, Redis
- High-growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career
- Competitive salary with stock options up for discussion as you progress in this role.
- Flexible remote working policy
- Comprehensive extended-benefits package for employees based in Canada.
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Training support and the opportunity for further career development in cutting edge technologies & practices
- The opportunity to revolutionize an industry. At NetCents, you have the chance to not only champion your role, but also be a part of a team that will shape the future of finance